CBIA’s Education Foundation has launched GetIntoEnergyCT.com, a new website funded by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Connecticut Green Jobs Partnership.
This site will help energy and green technology companies to meet one of their biggest challenges, a future shortage of skilled workers.
The site site features:
• Day-in-the-life career videos
• An employer locator
• Internship opportunities
• Current events, including energy-sector workshops, seminars, and career fairs
• Toolkits for businesses and educators on organizing everything from classroom presentations to summer camps
GetIntoEnergyCT.com is an excellent resource for a wide variety of people including:
• Energy companies developing and expanding their talent pool
• Students and jobseekers exploring energy careers, scholarships, and training
• Teachers seeking to broaden students’ understanding of concepts and career pathways in energy and green technology
Get Into Energy CT is the website of the Connecticut Energy Workforce Development Consortium (CTEWDC), a public-private partnership of representatives from energy-related businesses, government, and academia. The CTEWDC was formed in 2009 to build a skilled workforce in traditional and renewable energy. The CTEWDC’s mission is to meet the evolving workforce needs of Connecticut’s traditional and alternative energy suppliers and energy efficiency companies.
For more information about the CTEWDC or to join the consortium, contact CBIA’s Shelly Talley.
Project Associate, CEFIA